Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

An ode to you

An ode to you (May, 2008, chandre)

I am the girl that once was lost
Thank You
Hobo, Addict, Prostitute?
Where would I be?
And yet my heart was the one you picked up, dusted off and made your home in.

And though daily I still dissappoint
You promise never to leave
Cause you were there when I was formed
Spoke my first words,
broke my first vows
You were there when my mouth smiled
my eyes cried
And You'll be there, in the days of Why?
Till the day I die

What did I do to deserve you?
(thank God you dont work through karma)

Prince of my heart
Love of My life

Away from you I feel confused, insecure, ready to give up
With you, I am confident at peace and bubbling in gratitude and adoration

You are my very breath, the beat of my heart, the light of my eyes
You are the blush on my cheeks, the spring in my step, the lifter of my head

thankyou my friend, thankyou my love, thankyou

may the world see you too, when their eyes still open the next day, when they exchange vows at the altar, or witness the birth of their child, or walk, live and sleep in an earth covered with your glory.

i know you speak deeper than our ears can hear
i know that its hearts that see not eyes
i know that my life, and testimony is merely a small light compared to the light of life in you.

So I say, to God be the glory, GREAT things He has done
To Him be the glory forever and ever
At your name JESUS every knee and every tongue will confess
that You are Lord
My God, Be praised in our hearts, in our lives, in our homes in our world
Thankyou for ALL You've done, are doing and will do
May every heart experience the joy of knowing you
May that knowing become a river flowing out from us into the nations of the world, deeper and deeper,

till hearts are healed the same way ours was
till people sing "I am the girl that once was lost,Thank You"
till we stop seeing I, me and my, but You and Your heart for people
till we become an army, dead to self, imprisoned by the hurting

dead to sin, alive to Christ
having peace that passes understanding
joy unspeakable
love that is wide and long and high and deep
which surpasses knowledge
which is a well that overflows and allows nothing and no one to be untouched
a love that is more about giving than receiving.

thankyou that all this is possible in you
I've been so blessed to be chosen and pursued
and to now walk with and have you abide in me

Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth, in our lives
As it is in Heaven

I am the girl that now is found
Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment