Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Everlasting Arms

I once told someone "Just hold me..." They couldn't just hold me. Nor could they understand that was all I wanted. To be held. The assurance and freedom that comes from being in someone's arms. However,
even if they could just hold me, I realise now the yearning and longing I had was so much deeper. Human arms wouldn't do. I now understand it was my spirit crying out to His Spirit. Deep calls to deep, the Psalmist says.

The best thing about it all is that though my searching to be held was taking me on a path of destruction, the Lord knew. He saw, He heard, He intervened. And now I find myself months later learning to be held by everlasting arms. Dancing with the lifter of my head. Adoring the lover of my soul. Being healed, freed, mended, pruned, shaped, enlarged, but mostly, loved.

Thank you Lord. You did not allow me to drown or sink. You saw the yearning of my soul and found me. You love me to wholeness and my heart is yours forever. O lover of my soul and my best friend!

- Chan ( 06 November 2009 )

No comments:

Post a Comment