Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

My heart in Your hands

Friday, 23 September 2005
I guess the only safe place and where it's meant to be for our hearts, is in His hands... Bible says Guard your heart, and the heart is deceitful...Let's give our hearts to him to heal and look after and to love.

My heart in Your hands
Contributed by Chandre De Wet

As I listen once again
I'm wondering if you could hold me
Can I rest my head on Your shoulder
knowing you or I'll never leave

Can You hold my heart inside your hands
I'm afraid I'd let it go
This relationship's so precious
I cannot afford to take any risks

You're the only one who knows me
You know me better than myself
Will You show me how to love You more
Show me how to bless Your heart

I'm standing here with outstretched arms
Praying you'll reach down
I cannot without You Lord
I'm clumsy with my heart

*Note...
This poem was written one night when after months of wondering if I give my all to God, what if I hurt him down the line, what if I'm not a christian down the line...I would ask friends if they ever felt the same and none did. One night I prayed and poured out my heart to God with regards to this, I thought of all the guys I had been involved with in the past, yet to open my heart completely and trust God was so hard...Eventually it led to a night of writing and praying and the above was one of the poems. See  more regarding the outcome of this poem -> http://hopeofglory.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-heart-in-your-hands.html

No comments:

Post a Comment